Welcome to the 2013 Oaklands Swim Team - The Slugs!
We are a team of boys and girls of all experience levels ranging in age from 5 to 18 years old, and we welcome new team members every year! You do not need to know how to swim any stroke to join the team. Your child should be able to complete a lap of the pool - anyway they can - before joining the team. Please talk to the coaches for more information about our developing swimmers.
The Slugs are a social group of kids that enjoy cheering each other on and just hanging out together. We are a small but growing team and enthusiastically encourage new swimmers of all ages and abilities to join the team each year. Still not sure? Come on out to a practice to check it out and meet our coaches, swimmers, and parents. We think you will like what you see!
You must be a member or rental member of the pool in order to join the team.
- First swimmer per family, $50
- Additional swimmers in the same family, $45 each for second and third child; the fourth child and above swim free!
- The first sign up is at the pool, Saturday May 11th from 11 am - 2 pm.
- The Swim Shop will be on site for swim suit fittings. They will have our new team suit with them in a variety of sizes, so there is a good chance you can walk away from registration with your new team suit!
- Everyone that comes to registration day will get a free gift - so come on out and register.
- Adam Braun - our new head coach - will be at sign up day to meet our Slug swimmers and families!
- T-shirt slogan contest - we are looking for a creative slogan for our 2013 team t-shirt, Please submit your idea at registration or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org - please put "T-shirt slogan contest" in the subject line. All swimmers registered by May 11th will receive a free tream t-shirt prior to the first meet. Deadline for submitting entries is May 11th.
- In additon, swim team registration packets will be available at the pool during all pool work days this spring. Please ask any swim team committee member or pool board member for a registration packet.
- Contact Karen Sawka (email@example.com) with any questions about becoming a Slug.
- We have a new team suit for 2013. It is Speedo Fractal Point in green. The Swim Shop will have them available for try on and purchase at our sign up day at the pool on May 11th.
- We need volunteers for home and away meets and for social events. See a list of volunteer positions here.